Testing your FeedAd Integration
After you've integrated the FeedAd SDK into your app or website, please test that your integration can handle the following cases:
- The position and size of the ad placements.
- An immediate no-fill response (no ads).
- A no-fill response after some ads have played.
Enabling the Test Mode
- Login to your publisher Account on https://admin.feadad.com.
- Select the app you want to test.
- Click on the edit icon in the upper right corner.
- Check the option
Test Mode Enabledand add your IP to the
Test Mode IP Whitelist.
The test mode is activated only for requests coming from specific IPs.
The default setting of
0.0.0.0, :: activates the test mode for all IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
If you already have a live ad integration, you most likely do not want to show test ads to your live users.
To prevent this, remove the network IPs and add those of the devices you want to test with.
You can add any amount of IPs separated by a comma.
IP networks and IPv6
You can whitelist entire IP networks by specifying the network address with its network bit count after a slash (e.g.
This can be useful for devices with an IPv6 address, because usually, the IPs of the devices connected to the same network only differ in the higher 64 bits. For example, if the IPv6 in your browser is
AAAA:BBBB:CCCC:DDDD:EEEE:FFFF:0000:1111, you should be able to whitelist all your network's devices using
Setting the Fill Probability
You can specify the probability of an ad with the
Test Mode Fill Probability setting.
The percentage is the probability which with one ad will be received, meaning:
- 0%: There will be no ads.
- 100%: There will be unlimited ads playing one after another.
- 50%: The probability is
p = 0.5 ^ nwhere
nis the amount of successfully received ads. Meaning:
- The first ad request may fail with 50% probability. If it fails, there will be no ads. If it succeeds, an ad will be played.
- After this ad completes, the next one will again be played with a 50% probability. (The chance of two continuous ads is
50% * 50% = 25%).
- The sequence will continue until a probability check fails.
- This setting best simulates the real world usage, because there is no infinite supply of ads.
SDK Integration Tests
You should test your SDK integration with the following steps to verify that all cases are handled correctly.
Test your Placements
This will test if your placements are correctly displayed within your app.
- Set the
Test Mode Fill Probabilityto 100%.
- Navigate through your app and check all your ad placement locations.
- Verify that the dimensions and positions of the ad are as you want them to be.
This will test if your integration handles the case when no ads are available.
- Set the
Test Mode Fill Probabilityto 0%.
- Navigate through your app to all your ad placement locations to check if the app handles the no-fill correctly.
- If your app has multiple entry points, we recommend testing the no-fill case for each and every one of them.
Test a Real Life Scenario
This will test if your integration handles a variable amount of continuous ads.
- Set the
Test Mode Fill Probabilityto 50%.
- Navigate through your app to one of your ad placement locations.
- Wait for the ads to reach the no-fill state by keeping them playing for a while.
- If you have multiple placements within your app, repeat the test until the no-fill event has been reached on each of them.